Welcome to Animal Rescue Cumbria
Re-homing animals since 1972
From humble beginnings in 1972 Animal Rescue Cumbria has grown and these days is a well-established rescue which takes in and rehomes over 100 dogs and 180 cats and kittens every year.
The animals we take in are unwanted or lost and homeless. We provide a secure and caring environment and help all our animals adapt and find permanent, loving new homes. We also provide support and guidance for pet owners and do educational work to increase awareness of the responsibility we all have towards animals and their welfare.
We can’t do this without your help! There are lots of ways you can be involved, like rehoming an animal, volunteering your time or making a donation.
To take in unwanted and lost cats and dogs, provide a secure and caring environment and to help all our animals adapt and find permanent, loving new homes. To provide support and guidance for pet owners and increase the public’s awareness of their responsibility towards animals.
Animal Rescue Cumbria’s trustees, staff, volunteers and supporters do this by:
- Providing the best possible care for animals in our shelter;
- Offering enrichment opportunities to help animals adapt to different environments;
- Providing lifelong support for owners and their new pets;
- Promoting good animal welfare and responsible pet ownership by providing support, guidance and education to members of the public in Cumbria and beyond;
- Valuing each other (trustees, staff, volunteers, supporters and partners); and
- Being entrepreneurial and pursuing diverse income streams in order to survive and prosper.