Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen
1 Year, 10 months old
Dogs for re-homing
At Animal Rescue Cumbria we try our hardest to provide the best possible welfare for the animals in our care. We believe that having people visit the kennels can be stressful for some dogs which is why our dog homing appointments take place outside. If you have been invited to come and visit one of our dogs please ensure you have appropriate clothing and footwear for an appointment walking in our field!
Not all of the dogs featured below which we have in care are ready for new homes just yet. When dogs first come into our care they go through a period of assessment with our team. This process helps us to find the best possible home for each dog by understanding their individual needs. If you are interested in a dog which is not yet ready for homing you can still complete and send in our Adoption Enquiry Form. We will then get in touch with you once our assessment has been completed.
If you are interested in offering any of our dogs a new home please complete our online Adoption Enquiry Form.
Things to consider before making your initial enquiry:
- If you are moving, changing jobs or going on holiday within three months we ask that you come back after this time to look for a dog. This way both you and the dog will be more settled and relaxed.
- If you are looking for a specific breed of dog we ask you to keep checking our re-homing page. Unfortunately we do not have the resources to contact people on an individual basis.
- We do occasionally have puppies available - if we do they will be on our re-homing page.
When you come to visit a dog:
- We will ask to see at least one form of identification which must have your photograph on it and show your current address (you can bring 2 separate things if you need to)
- If you rent your home we will ask for written consent from your landlord saying that they are happy for you to keep a pet on the premises. In cases where this is noted on the tenancy agreement, we’re happy to accept a copy of this.
- If you have existing dogs in the home we will invite them to come along on the second appointment so that you can be sure they will get along before making your decision.
Taking a dog home:
- Some dogs are able to go to their new homes very quickly, while others need to remain with us until they have received medical treatment. We never allow a dog to go home on the first appointment - we will reserve your chosen dog but we will always ask you to sleep on it first and call us as soon as you are ready to confirm your decision.
- Adult dogs will always be neutered before they are re-homed. Puppies may not be mature enough to be neutered before they leave our care but you will sign an agreement to promise to have this done as soon as they are mature enough and we will follow this up.
- All dogs and puppies will have started their vaccination course whilst in our care.
- All dogs and puppies will be up to date with flea and worming treatments.
- All dogs and puppies are micro-chipped before re-homing.
(Ready for homing)
11 Months old
(Now gone to their new home)
6 years old
(Reserved - no more enquiries please)
Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen
3 Years, 8 months old