Every year we find secure, loving new homes for over 250 animals. Each animal that comes into our care is assessed by our experienced animal care team. We aim to ensure that the right forever home is found for each animal through a process of matching potential adopters and their individual circumstances with the needs of the dog or cat.
Thinking of adopting?The homing process varies slightly depending on whether you are looking for a dog or a cat. When you click on an animal on our website, you will find more detailed information about the kind of home they are looking for. We have outlined the general process below:
- All the animals available for homing are regularly updated on this website.
- Fill in our Adoption Enquiry form and send it into us or if you prefer to phone our office and leave your contact details one of our team will contact you and take you through the homing questions. Our questions are used solely for the purpose of determining whether you may be a potential match with the dog or cat you are interested in.
- If you rent your home we will require a letter from your landlord which verifies that you do have permission to own a dog/cat before we take your enquiry further.
- If you are already a pet owner or have had pets in the past we will take the details of your vet and contact them for a reference.
- Once you have been matched, if it is a dog you are looking to offer a home to you will be invited to come and meet the dog and take it for a walk around in our field (suitable footwear and clothing is advisable particularly in wet weather). If it is a cat or kitten you are interested in homing you will be invited to come and spend some time in our cattery.
- Once you have found your perfect match we may ask to meet the whole family and possibly arrange a home visit. We may also ask to meet any other pets in the home.
- We may then ask you to come and visit your chosen pet a few times before they go home with you.
- Finally an appointment will be made for you to come and collect your new family member!
Please note: We are unable to re-home kittens or puppies to households with children under the age of 5.